Summer is in full swing. Many of you might be thinking of switching to leggings from jeans; if not already have done so. Light, stretchable, skin-friendly cotton-lycra leggings are ideal for hot and humid tropical summer. Those who are involved in 9 to 5 jobs know best. Sitting 8 hours in the cubicle in a pair of trousers or jeans can be uneasy at times. I used to feel this problem especially after lunch. 🙂 But leggings can give you the desired comfort at its best.
Now this was about office goers. What about the travel buffs? The best thing about stashing 5-6 leggings in your rucksack is that neither they eat up much of your storage space nor they add much weight to your backpack. On the contrary, when you are on a backpacking tour you can’t afford to carry equal number of jeans in your bag, right? If you want to travel light yet don’t want to get bored with your look (in same jeans and a couple of tops) leggings and layered clothing is the way to go.
However, wearing leggings involves some rules.
- Length of top: Team up your leggings with long tops or tunics or short dresses of mid-thigh length (or kurti for ethnic wear) so that you butt remains covered. Otherwise, it looks odd and you may make yourself ridiculous. Please note that you can wear leggings with your miniskirts too.
- Knit: Go for thick, double knit leggings to prevent showing skin through clothing.
- Colours: Leggings are not just about neutral colours like black, white or beige. Coloured leggings are very much in vogue these days. If solid colour is your preference go for Oleva Leggings. They offer high-quality leggings in a wide range of colours to choose from. You can buy free-size Oleva leggings online right from the comfort of your home. Remember, when you experiment with coloured leggings keep your top neutral or in lighter shades. It will not only highlight your legs but also maintain a balance in your look.
- Layers: Wear layered clothing with leggings. It not only looks stylish but also practical for backpackers travelling to regions where temperature fluctuates during night and day. When the ensemble is in solid colours, casually wrap a printed scarf around the neck for a more dramatic look.
- Prints: Mix and match your solid colour tops with printed leggings and vice versa. Animal prints, multi-coloured geometric prints, exotic tribal prints can do wonder.
- Shoes: Choose your shoes wisely with leggings. Flats and flip-flops are for casual summer look while boots and pumps lend a formal impression.
- Carry your white/off-white leggings while travelling as they easily gets dirty and you may not get a chance to wash your clothes on the go.
- Wear leggings made of finer fabric. It can show your bulges and mar the look.
- Wear short top or tank top with leggings.
Here is how our favorite celebs flaunt their legs in leggings.
So what are you waiting for? Add a dash of colours to your wardrobes this summer with economical, high-quality Oleva leggings and create your own style statement.
Images are collected from Google Images.